They can maintain this growth because everyone in their team is in their Sweetspot – doing what they’re great at, what they love, and that’s of high value. They are one of many teams around the world that regularly use the Sweetspot® exercise to remove what’s getting in the way of each person doing what they’re best at.
For the 200 team members at Third Way, Sweetspot is more than just an exercise, it’s become a way of thinking. You will often hear them say ‘If it’s not in your Sweetspot, don’t do it’. Turning the exercise into a regular habit has helped them avoid taking on tasks that are not a good fit for them in the first place.
This is what this book will do for you. Start it in order to learn a new exercise, and come away from it with a new mindset, a new way of thinking about your time, how you value it, and what you say ‘yes’ and ‘No’ to in life.
May it bring you passion, success, and reconnect you with what you do best,
Andy Clayton, Oxford, Feb 2020
Introduction. Get >100x ROI on your time.
- Get >100x ROI on your time
- Focus on what you do best
- Change your thinking
- Who is Sweetspot for and how to use this book?
- How to benefit from Sweetspot
- Further resources
Chapter 1. Finding your Sweetspot.
- Defining your Sweetspot
- How your Sweetspot changes over time
- The secret to success
- Exercise 1. Finding my Sweetspot.
Chapter 2. The 3 Ds – what gets in the way of your Sweetspot.
- How to reach your Sweetspot
- The 3D’s – Distractions, Drains, and Disasters
- Help finding your 3D’s
- Exercise 2. What’s taking up my time and energy?
Chapter 3. SODA. The 4 solutions for saving time.
- Reduction and Elimination. SODA.
- Stop – Outsource – Delegate – Automate
- Exercise 3. What can I eliminate or reduce?
Chapter 4. Overcoming the 6 Points of Resistance.
- I can’t find my Sweetspot!
- How much? Money.
- I have to do it?
- How could anyone want to do this?
- No-one can do it like me
- Do I really want to spend time in my Sweetspot?
- Overcoming resistance
Chapter 5. Using the time saved – moving towards my Sweetspot.
- Business as Usual vs. Change
- Depends on who you are
- Moving towards your Sweetspot
- Exercise 4. Actions to take me towards my Sweetspot.
Chapter 6. Coaching to get the most out of Sweetspot
- Benefits of coaching
- How to coach
- Coaching questions
- Exercise 5. Working with a coaching partner.
- Accountability check-ins
Chapter 7. Changing thinking. The Sweetspot Mindset.
- Making it a habit
- Setting boundaries
- Productivity in the 21st Century
- Teach others
- Are we nearly there yet?
Chapter 8. Using Sweetspot with a team.
- Benefits of using Sweetspot with a team
- Exercise 6. Sweetspot team exercises.
- Sweetspot conversations as a manager
- Sharing your Sweetspot with the team
- Sweetspot and career planning
- Sweetspot and recruitment